You are here: Business and Community > Community Grants > Sporting Grants
Assistance to Sporting Bodies to maintain their facilities, is available through a Grant Scheme which has been established by Council. Requests for sporting grant applications are invited around October each year. Each sporting body on Council's Register will be sent a letter advising of the grant's availability.
Conditions of the scheme are as follows:
- Assistance will be up to a maximum of $800 on a 50% subsidy basis.
- The application must contain detail of the project for consideration including information regarding cost and estimated date of completion.
- The organisation and its activities must be based within the area of the District Council of Grant.
- The organisation should not have access to a substantial alternative sources of income, eg. gate charges etc.
- All funds granted are to be used in the financial year and can only be carried over by special agreement for a period of up to 12 months. Funds not used in that year will revert to general revenue and the organisation will need to reapply the following financial year.
- No further grants will be given to an organisation until any outstanding grants, for that organisation, have been utilised.
Donations to Sporting Groups for special events are considered by Council. Request should be in writing and forwarded to Council before April each year, for consideration in the next financial years budget.
Any queries may be referred to Jane Fetherstonhaugh, Director of Finance & Community Services on (08) 8721 0444.