Mount Gambier & District Saleyards Advisory Committee
The Mount Gambier and District Saleyards Advisory Committee exists to manage and administer the Glenburnie Saleyards on behalf of Council, in accordance with the Local Government Act, 1999. The Membership of the Mount Gambier and District Saleyards Management Committee comprises of:
- Five (5) Elected Members of the District Council of Grant
- Three (3) representatives of the Combined Agents Committee
- Up to three (3) Community Representatives
- The Mayor of the District Council of Grant shall be an "ex-officio" member of the Advisory Committee
The objectives of the Committee are:
- Provide advice to Council on the operations of the saleyards and to make recommendations to Council on potential improvements regarding the operation of the facility
- Make recommendations to Council on proposed Capital Investment;
- Make recommendations to Council on setting of fees and charges
- To consider the requirements of all users of the Saleyards facilities, including buyers, vendors, agents, suppliers and staff
- Provide strategic advice to Council on matters effecting the operations of the Saleyards. The Advisory Committee will have no authority to direct operational activities, Council staff, employees or customers at the saleyards
- To actively promote the Saleyards within the region
- To carry out such other acts, and to do all such other things as are incidental to, or conducive to the attainment of the objects and the exercise of the powers of the Advisory Committee.
The Agenda and Minutes of the Mount Gambier and District Saleyards Advisory Committee are available for viewing. To access these documents, click here.