In late 2019 Council surveyed the community to gauge priorities and key areas of interest and as a result a draft plan has now been developed for community feedback. The ten year plan considers existing master plans and financial plans and has been created with input from Elected Members and senior staff.
Council has obligations under the Local Government Act to consult with community to develop a Strategic Management Plan, which is critical to ensure the plan:
- Provides a vision for the District that reflects community issues and needs;
- Guides Council towards the development of a healthy society, economy and environment; and
- Ensures that Council’s vision and strategies can be aligned with operational activities and work programs.
The draft Strategic Management Plan covers five goal areas of liveability, prosperity, environment, services and community connection, with a raft of strategies outlined within, pitched at a high level as Council looks towards its future. A review cycle of the plan will occur every four years.
A copy of the draft plan can be downloaded at YourSayDCG or alternatively a hard copy can also be provided from the Council Office at 324 Commercial Street West, Mount Gambier, or at the Port MacDonnell Community Complex, at no cost.
To find out more or provide feedback:
- Online at www.yoursaydcg.com.au/strategic-management-plan
- By registering your interest in attending one of the Focus Groups via Zoom.
- By email to email@example.com
- In writing addressed to: 2020 – 2030 Draft Strategic Plan, District Council of Grant, PO Box 724, Mount Gambier SA 5290
- Printable or fillable forms are available at YourSayDCG
Consultation for the 2020-2030 Strategic Management Plan opened 16 June 2020 and closes 14 July 2020.