The Mount Gambier & District Saleyards Stock Sale is held on Wednesday of each week commencing at 9.00am. Sale includes bulls, bullocks, yearlings and cows. Bobby calves can be sold in each Agent’s sale. Lambs and sheep are sold one hour after the completion of the cattle sale.
Up to date information go to Saleyards Facebook page.
Store sales are held on the second Friday of each month, commencing at 10.00am. EU (European Union) cattle can be sold at the store sale.
Video of the Saleyards courtesy of South Aussie with Cosi can be found here.
There are many benefits of selling livestock at the Mount Gambier and District Saleyards which include:
- Member of ALMA (Australian Livestock Marketing Association)
- Monthly store cattle market
- Very strong buyer competition due to large stock numbers
- Rubber matting in selling pens – reduces stress and sore feet
- NLIS Scanning
- Computerised weighbridge
- Market reports from National Livestock Reporting Service
- Many holding paddocks
- Droving, feeding available (contact Saleyards Manager)
- Avdata truck wash facility – operates on a cash basis
- 196 Cattle selling pens
- 334 Sheep selling pens
- New receival / delivery covered pens, soft floor
- EU eligible prime and store sales